Lavender Essential Oil (EO) is considered the Swiss Army Knife of oils. There are so many beautiful and beneficial uses, making it a must have. If you’ve purchased the Savvy Mineral’s makeup kit, you will want to know how to take advantage of all this little oil has to offer. Below are 5 simple beauty hack’s!
Using a drop or two on your pillow at night can help promote a restful night’s sleep – hello beauty rest. Get those Zzz’s in as much as you can because rest is a huge part of looking and feeling our best.
Skip the pillow, maybe you need the balancing and calming constituents flowing through your system. Simply add a drop or two to each foot and sleep tight.
My favorite bedtime blend
Lavender contains many calming constituents. Adding 5 drops to a cup of Epson salts would be a wonderful way to end a busy day. Sit back, relax and let the oil work it’s wellness as you breath deep its aromatherapy and allow it to seep into those tired muscles.
You could easily mix up a few jar’s of Lavender and Epson salt to pass out as gifts.
In your mascara
That’s right ladies, you can – and should – be using this in your mascara. Lavender is excellent for hair of any kind. I’ve noticed healthier lashes just by adding a drop or two to my bottle. Use it as a thinning agent as well!
One of my absolute favorite way’s to use Lavender is in my DIY Face Serum. Think it’s weird to make your own face serum? Ladies you haven’t lived until you’ve tried this recipe. It’s made of only pure oils, it is great for acne prone skin and smells amazing spiked with this Lavender EO – which is excellent for skin support.
I can make it for pennies on the dollar and my skin adores it! Plus, the recipe comes from a very trusted resource I’ve learned so much from on my natural living journey.
Again, Lavender has contains constituents that are very good for skin. Add this to a DIY body lotion, add it to a DIY body scrub, or simply add a few drops to a troubled area of skin. Yes, you can use it directly on your skin.
You’ll be amazed the power of this oil!
But lavender gives me headaches…
This is a concern for some. Every once in a while you’ll run into people who smell Lavender essential oil and get insta headaches. Why is that?
Because Lavender is the most synthetically made essential oil on the market. People who are generally effected by the scent are actually effected by the chemical extenders contained within.
Did you know the FDA allows bottle of essential oil to be labeled ‘pure’ with only 5% essential oil in it? That’s disgraceful! What does the other 95% contain? Synthetics, chemical extenders and carrier oils to water it down, leaving it to have little to no effect on the body. Why? It’s cheaper to distribute. How tricky and rude right? Please keep in mind Amazon isn’t a way to purchase oils either.
No chemicals for me
Rest assured Young Living’s oils are Grade A, therapeutic oils. You will find nothing but the oil in our bottles. Our Seed to Seal Standard guarantee this.
I dare anyone to hold up a bottle of store bought oil to Young Living and you’ll smell the pure & rich difference. There is no comparison. With Young Living, you are getting the best and when your health and beauty are concerned – don’t you want the best?
Lavender Essential Oil
Having this oil on hand is a necessity for me. I carry a bottle of this in my purse at all times. It’s old and beaten up but it doesn’t change it’s acting power or it’s calming abilities.
Use it for beauty, use it for sleep, use it for it’s calming constituents. How ever you end up using it, know it’s working toward wellness and supporting all your beauty needs. XOXO