After a long day at the pool with the kids and I came home to a red, burning and extremely chapped skin. It was evident I wasn’t summer ready when we arrived home and there wasn’t an Aleo Vera bottle to be found. Failure! “Never again” I said to myself as I gathered recipes and supplies to make some delicious after sun spray!
All natural DIY after sun spray
I will NEVER be without the proper skin care essential again! It’s to easy to find the right stuff and mixing the recipe together was accomplished in under 3 minutes – my kinda DIY.
We’ve been to the pool since and after using this spray on me and the kids I have to say… its fantastic! Our skin soaked it all up and asked for more!
It smells delicious, being made from 100% therapeutic grade essential oils (ahem – Young Living) and it’s excellent for skin being made from 100% organic ingredients.
Supplies and ingredients
If you are a DIY’er you probably have most of this stuff on hand.
- Thayer’s Witch Hazel – alcohol free toner
- Organic Aleo Vera Gel
- Fractionated Coconut Oil
- Therapeutic grade essential oil Lavender *optional Geranium or Peppermint
- Aluminum 4 oz spray bottle – essential oils need to be stored in either glass or metal bottles
- Metal funnel
- Measuring spoons and cups
In a mixing dish add the following:
- 1/4 cup Organic Aleo Vera
- 2 Tablespoons fractionated coconut oil
- 2 Tablespoons Witch Hazel
Mix and with a metal funnel pour into 4 oz spray bottle
- Add 10 drops Lavender EO to spray bottle with contents and spike with either Geranium EO (for a extra skin love and a floral scent) or Peppermint EO (help’s skin feel cool).
How to use
Spritz on to the body and genitally rub into skin. Store in refrigerator when not in use
FYI – the cute sun labels were found on Etsy 😉
Ingredient break down
Witch Hazel: Can lessen healing time by soothing irritated skin and possibly prevent skin peeling and flaking.
Aleo Vera: Initial research has shown aloe vera aids the skin in healing from sunburns and mild burns. Can help the itching and stinging associated with sunburns as well.
Fractionated coconut oil: Helps cool and soothe sunburned skin and relieves symptoms such as itching and peeling. Coconut oil is high in saturated fats, which are great for moisturizing skin.
Essential Oils: Soothes, rejuvenates and supports skin.
Enjoy – xoxo